Last Friday, we went to the school so that Aimee and Hansen could see it (remember Cady saw it back in June) and also to collect their new school uniforms. Unfortunately, both Hansen and Cady proved to be too tiny for the issued uniforms, so we are going to have to work something out for them. I cannot believe they are too small, after all aren't all Chinese kinda small? Before leaving the US, Rich and I stocked up on clothes, but never even considered the kids would be too small for the stuff here. I think Hansen will be in 5th grade before his long pants fit him - poor thing. Anyway, the good news is all 3 kids loved their new school and now cannot wait for it to start - We will see how long that lasts. This coming Friday afternoon is Open House and we will get to meet each of their teachers and get the official school tour.

Aimee outside her new classroom






6 comments:
I can't believe that Hansen & Cady are too small for their new clothing. Did you shop here in The States or in China?
OTOH, it's nice that they've gone to see the school & are okay with it. Amy looks so small by the doorway! I can't wait to hear all about their new classes.
Any plans yet for what you'll be doing? I can only imagine how you're going to miss the children when they are at school.
Good Luck Aime, Hansen & Cady on your first day of your new school. I'm sure you will love it. Kim, what till you be doing with all your quiet time? Rachel will start school for 3 1/2 hrs. M,W,F and I'm looking forward to that little bit of quiet time.
Does Old Navy or Gymboree deliver to Shanghai?? Isn't there at Gymboree outlet in GZ? Maybe that would solve the uniform problem :-) If not, I am sure someone would be willing to purchase some here and ship them to you ( myself included)
How cool to be going to school in CHINA! My kids are all going to be so jealous when I tell them!
I just found a link to your blog and am so thrilled to read about your journey to China! What a wonderful lifetime experience! I can't wait to read more!
Marian
mom to Aubri, Andy and Sera
Andy was on the QT2 list :-)
It seems they would have something to offer for the little ones. I can't wait to read about their school adventures.
So, will you be wandering around Shanghai while the kiddos are in school? Don't you have a stash to rebuild? You need to shop!
Angel
If you need me to send you anything from here just let me know. I am more than happy to help.
Now you will have time to find your new niche in Shanghai. I bet it will be fun to find out what that is.
Gigantic hugs to all of you
me
Wow that's a first, I always thought it would be the other way around and that finding clothes big enough would be the issue! Maybe a good seamstress could take some of the clothes in? If there is anything you would like us to send, let us know....we may be in the great white north but we still have malls!
Post a Comment