Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 years ago today!

It is hard to believe that 2 years ago today, Richard, Aimee and I were in Hangzhou, China meeting Hansen for the first time. It was an amazing day and one I will never forget. Walking up 6 flights of stairs in the Civil Affairs Office in the grueling heat of August, didn't seem to matter as we walked into the main room and saw our son for the first time. He was so little and looked so vulnerable, but within a short time he was smiling and engaged with us. What an incredible little boy.

I want to take time and really think about the past two years, but after a long day I just don't have the energy right now. Needless to say, that amazing little guy is sleeping in his bed knowing he is loved beyond reason. In the next few days I will take some time to look back and think about how far we have all come since the day we met.

What I can say, is that no matter how much he annoys me or frustrates me at times, I could not imagine life without my little guy. Hansen, you are a Choi in every way possible and we are happy that you are. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your life. We have learned so much from you and I know you will continue to teach us as you grow. Happy Anniversary Big Guy!
Love Mum, Dad, Aimee & Cady Mei

4 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Happy Anniversary sweet boy. We love you Hansen and all of the Choi Family. What a lucky family you are.

XXOO
me

Candy said...

Happy 2 Year Anniversary! I cannot believe that it's been 2 yrs. since we met you at the airport with Hansen. It is amazing how far he has come. He is such a sweet boy with a smile that lights up a room.

Tammie said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember logging on each day & looking forward to reading about your adventures in bringing Hansen home. I would have to say that the Choi Clan is truly complete with that little guy who has a smile that lights up the world.

Hugs & kisses!

Vivian M said...

Happy anniversary. I can't believe it's been two years either! It seems Hansen has been a Choi his whole life.