I had to share these great photos from last nights opening ceremony. For those of you who did not get to see it, you missed a spectacular show. There are simply no words to describe what happened.
I always knew it would be amazing, but it was beyond my wildest dreams. I wish I could have been in Beijing to witness it personally, but laying in our big bed with Aimee and Richard was a close second.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/08/content_9051919.htm
http://en.beijing2008.cn/ceremonies/photos/openingceremony/
Another great part of the event was sharing it with our FCC friends this morning. Lori and Marc were holding an Olympics Party at their house to watch the ceremony and we got to Skype them during it. I will eventually forgive them for putting us up on the 10ft video screen, since it was so cool being able to see everyone and share in the evening. I love the internet,even though we are on different days, different continents and thousands of miles apart, we were able to share this incredible day together.
Thanks guys,we miss you all and congratulations to China for showing the world how incredible you are.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I can only imagine the excitement in China right now! We had a blast watching it and Gracie had a blast seeing "her China".
Big hugs to the Choi family!
It was a wonderful evening! I can't even say we missed you since you were right there with us. Then again, I would have preferred to have you sitting right there by the pool. It was a lovely evening.
Hi my friend...it was so awesome to be connected on such a wonderful evening. We all enjoyed it so much and you truly made the evening very special.
Love
me
I am so sorry I missed seeing you all on a ten foot screen - that would have been even more spectacular that the opening ceremonies!
We still miss you!
Kim,
I am so happy I found you and your blog! What amazing news about your move to china!
Take a peek at John jr @ www.francopartyoffive.blogspot.com
Love and good wishes
Carol Franco
Lilian asked me a bazillion times during the opening ceremonies, "Is that my China? Where Cadence is?" LOL!!! Now she asks EVERY DAY when we are going to China. I don't think she understands that you LIVE there now. Or maybe she does and she thinks we should live there too LOL!
~Michelle Parsley
Post a Comment