Thursday, August 28, 2008

A brighter day...

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for the well wishes and concern - it is great to know we have such great friends and family. Cadence had a peaceful night and woke up this morning like nothing had happened. Kids are so resilient, unlike her parents who didn't sleep well at all. Her lip looks to be healing great and other than the little stitched crosses (kisses) you wouldn't even know she had hurt herself.

I will get pictures when she comes home, but I think we can all relax a little bit today, at least while she is at school. Needless to say we had along chat about knives and why we have the rule 'Never to touch them' and the knife is now safely out of reach.

On a happier note, I did want to share this funny that was in among my emails this morning. My friend Joanne, never fails to make me laugh. Joanne, you were just what I needed this morning.

Check out the earliest photo of Michael Phelps....

....






...





..




.
.
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Cadence had a good night. I was afraid her lip might throb and keep her awake all night. I can understand why you and Richard didn't sleep well! What a traumatic experience!

(((hugs)))

~Michelle

Candy said...

I'm glad Cadence is feeling no pain. She is a trooper. She's keeping you on your toes. First the hair cut and now the lip. Sharp items and Candence do not go together. I love the Michael Phelps comic.

Tammie said...

Glad to see that Cadence is feeling better! Now it's time for you & Richard to breath. And while I'm thankful that Cadence doesn't hurt, I'm curious as to how she got that lucky!

Love the Michael Phelps pic! Very funny!

Vivian M said...

Thanks for the laugh, loved the Phelps picture!
So, are you and Rich turning gray yet?