Thursday, August 07, 2008

I love it!

As always, I am way behind on blogging, but I thought I should at least add some recent video to let everyone see how we are all doing.

These poor souls must have been cursing us. The dogs arrived at our new home at 11.30pm on Aug 6, but because we live right at the end of our road and you have to go through the underground parking to get to us, the poor people who were delivering the dogs could not get their big van through, so they had to carry the dogs in their crates all the way to the house.

I had to laugh because they basically dropped TK's crate in through the front door, pointed at the 'owner's signature line' for me to sign and quickly headed back out into the night. TK was hoarse from barking so much, I bet they were glad to see the back of him. After two weeks of not seeing them, it was wonderful to see our fur babies again. They both looked great considering the travel days they had been through. They have more frequent flyer points than most people. The trip took them by plane from Miami to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Hong Kong and then they were driven over to Guangzhou before catching a short flight to Shanghai - phew, no wonder they have spent the good part of today asleep.

Anyway, here is the moment of their arrival and their first check out of their new digs:





Here are the kids on their new bikes, we left their old one back in the US so getting new ones has been a highlight of their week. I am thrilled since now they can burn off some of their pent up energy playing outside.



This was shot this afternoon (Aug 7) after we had spent some time testing out the kids new bikes.



Okay the videos should keep you happy for a while,I am now off to bed. I can't believe the Olympics start tomorrow and we are going to be in China - awesome, scary and wonderful all at the same time. I still can't believe we are here - weird!
Night all,
Kim

9 comments:

Heidy, Joey and Madison said...

ahhhh Kim they seem so happy to be there! and miss you already!. That was a long trip for the puppies but seem to be as happy as the rest of you, finally your family is complete. I can't wait for your next posting! even if takes you another week or so... lol
Take care and kisses to all the babies...
Heidy

Candy said...

I'm so happy that your fur animals have arrived safely. The kids look like they are enjoying themselves and loving their new digs. All the Best! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the house.

Suz said...

Kim, I hadn't checked your blog all week and so I was really happy to read and watch you two posts! You guys are incredible. So happy you made it in one piece and none the worse for wear. Can't wait to read the further adventures of . . . . Suz

Vivian M said...

So happy to hear the family is complete at last! Your pooches look happy to be home. We miss you!!

Angel said...

It looks like you all are settling in and having lots of fun! I'm glad your pups made it safely.

Tammie said...

Loved the videos!! Erin wanted to know all about why they needed new bikes. She really enjoyed seeing her friends & says "hi" back.

Mary said...

I was cracking up with your description of your doggies being delivered! Too funny! It looks like you all are settling in quite nicely. You have a very pretty castle...errrr...I mean house! ;-)

Jolene said...

wow love the empty garage....is that because all your junk is Mary's garage....

LOL....glad to see the furry members arrived safe and sound to China..well miss you guys

jolene

Anonymous said...

Kim, y'all have been on my mind so much these last few weeks. I'm so glad you've made it safely. It looks like the kids are all settling in nicely. What an awesome experience for your family! Lilian says she wants a new bike like Cadence's LOL! Hugs to everybody!
~Michelle Parsley