
This video is one of those things. I love to see people around the world, working together across borders, languages and cultures to find ways to help each other.
Underneath, we are all the same, just doing our best in the world. I will never forget the first time I really understood the idea of working together globally. It makes me feel incredibly old now, but watching the stars of the day perform at LiveAid back in July 1985 was a pivotal moment for me. The world got so much smaller and I realized that every person has a responsibility to make the world a better place where and however they can. We all have our individual talents, we just have to use them for good. Together we make a difference.
I also 'blame' my parents for who I am, but that is a whole other story for another day....






1 comment:
You're right. The Live Aid concert is probably the only memory I have of that summer. My mom died just weeks before the concert. My dad made sure that I spent some time watching the concert so I could disappear inside myself for a while. The concert was amazing. The cause most definitely worthwhile.
Now the world needs to continue to work together for the common cause.
Post a Comment