Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Orlando Day 2


Anyone for lunch?

After a long day at Sea World on Tuesday, we decided to pace ourselves and have a quiet day on Wednesday. The morning was spent relaxing (read sleeping) and then it was a leisurely afternoon driving down International Drive to see some of the sights. The main reason for the drive was to see the Wonder Works building. Rich and I originally saw this crazy building on some tv program, but have wanted to see it ever since. The kids thought it was wild. Basically the building appears to be upside down, as if it has been ripped out of the ground and thrown aside complete with palm trees and a Fedex collection box. It is really very cool. Check out the photo, since my description does not do it any justice.



Our original plan had been to spend the evening a Sea World watching the evening Shamu and firework show, but since it looked like it might rain we decided to have an early night. On Thursday our Disney experience would start and we all needed to be ready for a long day. Of course, having nothing to do in the evening meant the kids got the opportunity to have more fun in the pool. Having three kids (well 4 inc. Joyce) now, my one regret is that Rich and I did not have a pool installed at our house. When we moved in we considered it, but we did not think we would be in Florida as long as we have been and with Aimee only one year old and no other kids on the horizon, it did not seem like a good idea. Oh how I wish we had now. I don't like to swim, but it would have been a great way to cool off and wear the kids out during the summer. I may have even learned to swim by now. I guess hindsight is 20/20, but living here for 5 years and having 3 kids was never in our plans... lol

3 comments:

Tammie said...

If I knew then what I know now. . . .


I'd have bought a bigger house!

Oh well. Live & learn. Your next home will have a pool. My next home will have more space.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

My next home will be at Century Village..ROFL!!

BTW, sounds like you guys had an awesome time in "O" town!

Vivian M said...

I love that upside down place, and that street is great to walk on, so many attractions, shops and restaurants in the area.
Glad you are all enjoying the trip!
PS...buy an inflatable pool! Kerri loves hers, they make them really nice nowadays.