Monday, April 28, 2008

Loud Lunch

This afternoon was spent in the company of our local friends and families at our monthly FCC get-together.

Since our regular restaurant has recently changed hands, we decided to try a new restaurant this month, a Chinese buffet restaurant in Coral Springs . It is aptly named the Coral Springs Super Buffet - not very original name, but the food was good and we all had plenty of fun.

The restaurant had a large open room at the rear, which we basically claimed as our own. Within a short time the kids were feeing right at home and the noise level was something to be heard (from along way away...). There were balloons, bubbles, screaming, joyous children running wild on a cake sugar rush, parents laughing and a general level of chaos that has become the norm at our events. I don't know if we will be invited back again or if the restaurant owners are now in the process of changing their phone number and/or location, but I do know my family ate more than could be believed and they all came home very happy. Even Joyce was smiling since she got to eat her favorite chicken feet - her little taste of home that I know she misses here.

Minouche and Yasmin


Joyce plays Pat-a-cake with Princess Pirate Gracie


Emma and Lisa share some fun


Our resident children's entertainer Brenda keeps the fun coming


Little ones enjoying the bubbles


Jade shows us how it is done by a professional


Double Trouble - The Two Emmas


Today was a day of celebration for our little group, we have had a number of special birthdays during this month (Katie Starr, Shannon, Tammie and Lori) and we also had the welcome news that one of waiting families has accepted a referral for a healthy, 5 year old boy. He is to be named Benjamin and is currently waiting for his new family to come and get him in Beijing. Congrats Ilyne and Raphael, your world will soon be filled with all things boy. We in the Choi house are extremely happy for you, having a 5 year old boy ourselves, we know you are going to love it and Hansen is going to love having a new buddy. Please keep us posted on your travel dates and we will keep everything crossed that the TA (travel approval) comes very soon.

Even though it is not really a reason to celebrate per se, we also celebrated with a cake and balloons the imminent departure of one of our families. Kristina, Mark and Olivia are soon to be moving to Orlando and this was their final FCC event. Honestly, we didn't know whether to cheer or cry. Of course we are very happy for them, but boy are they going to missed. They are a sweet, sweet family who I have been honored to know over the past few years. I am sure our paths will cross again in the future, but it is still sad to say goodbye. Good luck guys and please keep us posted on your upcoming adoption.

A fond farewell to Olivia, Mark & Kristina


Another reason to party was that since the event was held on a weekend, we got to see some of our members from further afield who cannot make it during the school week. You know who you are - it was great to see you.

Jade holds court with the younger kids



It's a good job Lia is cute, cos she is so mischievous


Jade try to hide from me - check out her beautiful dress


Finally, I don't know who's bright idea it was, but someone suggested getting a group photo. Amazingly, somehow worked it out, the only missing element was me, since I was holding the camera. I am hoping someone can photo shop me in later - lol.

Test Shot #1


Richard takes charge


The Final Photo


Cady and Joyce fell asleep in the car on the way home and no one has eaten their dinner this evening, so I would say it was an afternoon well spent.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

What a truly lovely post! I couldn't have said it any better.

BTW, can you please email me a copy of the final group shot? I'd like to get a print of it for Erin.

Vivian M said...

Great pictures, and a wonderful idea! Thanks for keeping me in the loop, I really miss everyone!