Since the last (or first) post wasn't too tough, I figured I would try saying something else. Right now it is 10pm on New Year's Day and for the first time in weeks Richard and I are alone. All 4 kids are in bed already and Uncle Steve has returned to California for some peace and quiet. Richard and Hansen are back to the daily grind tomorrow, but the girls and I have another few days of the holidays. I cannot believe how quickly vacation time flies by. It seems just like yesterday that we were grossly behind on our Christmas planning and wondering how we were going to survive spending 24/7 with each other.
The good news is on the whole we made it through without any loss of blood or limbs. Which is quite a feat since Richard and I have not spent this much time together with the kids for a long time. Joking aside, the past few weeks have been a lot of fun. The kids are of an age where the holidays are still filled with wonder and magic. I love seeing their eyes light up as the come downstairs Christmas morning. There is no greater joy than seeing life through your children's eyes. And it only gets better having loved ones around to share that joy with you. Not to mention having your own in-house chef/nanny/all-round good egg visiting too. Uncle Steve very kindly joined us for the festivities again this year and made Christmas dinner - Thanks Uncle Steve,you are the best! We all miss you so much already. We can take or leave the big guy in the red suit, but we could never have Christmas without Uncle Steve.
As usual, we went overboard with gifts. Every year I say next year will be different, but honestly it never is. Maybe next year...






3 comments:
I totally get feeling as if you went overboard with presents. David & I only supply 4 nights of Chanukah gifts, & yet, Erin makes out like a bandit - or 2.
It was nice to see Uncle Steve at our last FCC dinner! Please send my regards.
Love the holiday pics; both on the blog and the dropshots acct.
Oh and BTW, a little conspicuous consumption sounds good to me :)
Love
me
There is no such thing as going overboard, right? Shhh, Kerri is peeking over my shoulder!
I am so glad you and Richard had some alone time. Please remind Corey and I what that is!
Post a Comment