Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Madness

I just had to share these great headlines - they made me laugh so hard....


Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughte
r
This one I caught in the SGV Tribune the other day and called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote this. It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!! They put in a correction the next day.
***************************************************

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
No, really? Ya think?
***************************************************

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
Now that's taking things a bit far!
***************************************************

Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
What a guy!
***************************************************

Miners Refuse to Work after Death
No-good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's!
***************************************************

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
See if that works any better than a fair trial!
***************************************************


War Dims Hope for Peace

I can see where it might have that effect!
***************************************************


If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile

Ya think?!
***************************************************

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
Who would have thought!
***************************************************


Enfield ( London) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide

They may be on to something!
***************************************************


Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges

You mean there's something stronger than duct tape? Oklahoma's new construction program!
***************************************************


Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge

He probably IS the battery charge!
***************************************************


New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group

Weren't they fat enough?!
***************************************************


Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft

That's what he gets for eating those beans!
***************************************************

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
Do they taste like chicken?
***************************************************


Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

Chainsaw Massacre all over again!
**************************************************


Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors

Boy, are they tall!
***************************************************

And the winner is....

Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead


Did I read that right?
***************************************************

7 comments:

Candy said...

I love it! These are great. Thanks for sharing. Now, how about a family update?

kestrel_33 said...

You are one sick puppy, Choi! And I like that in a person!

Cyndi said...

Hysterical! And I thought it had been bad in Japan...these are even better (or maybe you are just better at spotting them!) Thanks for the laugh!

Unknown said...

I think you could have taken over for Jay Leno!

Miss you!

Hugs,
Shari

Nicole said...

Ha!!! Too funny. That last one was my favorite... duh!!!!!!!!!! Those reminded me of all the mis-translated signs that we saw this past summer. Goodness gracious!

Tammie said...

Thanks! After a day like today, I had to come back here & read the headlines. Too funny!

Vivian M said...

How funny! Thanks for making my day.