I try never to get political in my posts, since I strongly believe that we all have the right to believe the way we do. We all lead different lives and come from different viewpoints and that is okay. But today is very different for my family and for many other families across the US and around the world. Today many of us face a financial situation that could only have been imagined in our worst nightmares.
Unfortunately it is not a nightmare, it is our reality. I tend to lead my life as the proverbial ostrich and not follow many of the issues of the day. I don't believe that I, as an individual can help a situation by worrying about it, if there is nothing I can personally do to help solve it. My poor husband on the other hand is faced with many of these decisions daily, he lives and works out in the real world and provides our kids and I with a cocoon of safety and security. Thanks to him, I can ignore the daily pressures of life and sit back and just enjoy the ride.
However today, I am pulling my head out of the sand, and stepping out of my cocoon of comfort to support my adorable and hardworking husband. We and many families like ours across the nation need your support.
I have copied an email that Richard sent out to a few of you already - he is so much better with words than I could ever hope to be, so I will leave him to explain what is needed. All I ask is that you read the request and if you feel inclined to help, please pass the message on to others you know.
If you don't feel that it is something you can support - that is okay too. Just ignore this message, I appreciate both sides of every coin and will love you just the same as I did before.
Best wishes,
Kim
Who is now back with her head in the sand. Someone, please tell me when it is safe to come out?
===================================================================================
Message from Richard
Hi there.
It's crunch time for the auto industry and I'm reaching out to friends and family in a number of states whose Senators have not been supportive of a loan package to GM, Chrysler and Ford.
I started to write my opinion of the current situation in some stirring words -- but I realize that you all probably have heard enough -- and deleted them. (But if you want some lively discussion, please feel free to email me!). But this email isn't to try to change your opinion. This email is to get those that want to do something an easy way to take action to help the US auto industry.
If you are so inclined, I do need some help. We need to get word to certain Senators that this current loan package needs to be supported. And time is running out.
There are a few ways to do this.
First, this is a website that can send emails to your members of Congress. You can use this to send a support email to your Senators. The website is:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=12211136&type=ML
Second, the message below has a toll-free number to a service that will call (toll-free) your Sentator's office for you. You can leave a message or talk to a staff member. All you need to do is provide your zip code and the service will identify the proper Senate members for your area.
They are both quick and easy to use. If you need some facts about the industry please go to www.gmfactsandfiction.com
Sorry if this message hits you on the wrong side of the issue. And for those that agree, thanks for your support and please take some action.
Happy Holidays,
Richard (with Kim and family)
Subject
URGENT - Please Contact Your Senators in the Next 12 Hours
Dear Employee:
We are at a critical juncture in our efforts to get Congress and the current administration to provide federal loans to domestic auto manufacturers to help bridge our nation’s economic crisis. Your support in the form of phone calls is urgently needed in the next 12 hours as a number of Republican Senators are threatening to block the vote on the Auto Rescue Bill recently announced.
If you are located in the states listed below, please contact your legislators by calling 866-927-2233 and remind them that autoworkers in their districts are counting on them for their support and leadership. Additionally, please share the hotline number with family, friends, business partners or other contacts in these states and ask them to call their Members of Congress immediately. Talking points and other materials to assist these calls can be found at www.gmfactsandfiction.com.
Your efforts to call legislators have been crucial in getting us to this point. Please urge everyone you know in these key states to place their phone calls in the next 12 hours and remind legislators that their vote is about the survival of America’s auto industry and they will be held accountable for job losses in their states.
States and Legislators:
* Georgia – Senators Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson
* Indiana – Senator Richard Lugar
* Kansas – Senators Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts
* Kentucky – Senators Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning
* Louisiana – Senator David Vitter
* Tennessee – Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker
* Texas – Senators Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn
* Virginia – Senator John Warner
(Additional Republican Senators who have been supportive, but should be reminded that we need their leadership in the Republican Party to ensure that their colleagues do not derail these vital loans to the domestic autos)
* Missouri – Senator Christopher Bond
* Ohio – Senator George Voinovich
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
We love you guys, and I am sure you know that you will always have our support! :-)
Here is some good news:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/081212/canada/canada_us_autos_canada
You have our support too!
I have been worrying about kiddos in all this. Much white light my friend.
Post a Comment