
Another thing I wanted to blog about and have just never gotten around to it, is telling everyone how amazing my beloved husband is. In a world filled with uncertainty, he is a steadying rock. I don’t often say much about him that is nice, but I have to say that I am so proud of him, I could burst at times. One such time was a week or so ago. Richard went to work more sharply dressed than usual. Don’t get me wrong, even in the world of business casual, he is the one always wearing dress pants (trousers) a long sleeved shirt and tie, and since the weather has gotten cooler, he often sports a suit jacket too.
Well anyway, he looked particularly dapper this one morning and when I asked why, he reminded me that he was being presented with a long service certificate from General Motors that afternoon (I am such a bad wife I had forgotten all about it). In this crazy, mixed up world of ours there are very few people who are lucky enough to have a job, let alone get a long service notice. I am so proud of Richard. He works so hard for our family and often makes sacrifices to keep both GM and me happy. Although, I am sure I work him harder than GM any day. They are much more sympathetic and understanding than I am.
So how long has he worked for GM, I hear you ask? That is the incredible thing. He started with them in 1983….. Yes, 25 years!!!! I can’t believe he is old enough to have worked for anyone that long. Gosh, I still think we are 25 on a good day, closer to 85 on a bad one.
What an achievement! – 25 years with the same company. Richard works hard and long, but he still loves GM, probably more now than ever. We are so thankful for everything they do for our family, but most of all we are thankful for the opportunities we have through them. We have seen some incredible places, achieved some impossible dreams and have a quality of life that I wish everyone could enjoy. Times are tough for everyone right now, GM included. We know that tough decisions have to be made and belts need to be tightened and I hope that Richard is able to work for GM for many more years to come. Although, of course I am sure that he would like to retire before then next 25 years are over.
Richard, I know you NEVER read this blog (and really why should you, you know what is happening in the World of We5Chois? ), but if you ever do get a chance to take a peak at my midnight ramblings, just know I love you beyond measure. You are one of my true heroes and I am so proud to be your wife and to have you as my best friend. I don’t say it enough, but I love and adore you. Congratulations honey!
This is a great photo of Richard being greeted by General Motors' Chairman, Rick Wagoner. I would love to tell you that Rick is thanking Richard for 25 years of hard work and dedication to GM, but sadly it is not the case. This photo was taken back in September, when Rick was in Shanghai. He is actually saying, Oh you too, are here now!






3 comments:
Congrats, Richard! 25 years IS quite the accomplishment!
Kim, you have such a way with words. I love reading your blog!
A big Congrats to Richard, that is sure a big accomplishment!!
I hope that he meets continued success in China.
Evelyn~Miami, Fl
Congratulations Rich!!
25 years with one company shows an amazing dedication & a true & constant belief in the company that you represent. I just hope that they appreciate you as much as we do.
And Kim? Anyone who knows you, knows that Rich is your hero.
Post a Comment